Annual Steer Sale
Online at cwcattlesales.com
Contact Charlie Wilson 563.219.0318
Cattle available for viewing following the Iowa State Fair
All heifers and more steers for sale private treaty
Grand Champion Market Beef
Champion Market Heifer
Raised & Sold by: WindowSash Ranch
Congratulations to Jordan Lobato!
Reserve Grand Champion Market Beef
Raised & Sold by: Peterson Show Calves
Congratulations to Sheridan Peterson!
Submitted by the Lobato/Peterson families
Tingle Farms presents “Pave The Way” Fall Vol. II
New Castle, KY :: November 12th
Seven Ways to Manage Heat Stress in Your Show Animals
1. Be proactive. Watch the weather to keep your animals cool instead of trying to cool them down after they have heated up.
2. Provide adequate facilities. Give them a shaded area to avoid direct sunlight. Make sure your facilities have good ventilation, and fans and coolers are working properly to get air moving.
3. Modify your feeding schedule. Just like humans, animals lose their appetite as the temperature rises. Feed them earlier in the morning and later in the evening when it is cooler outside.
4. Hydrate your animals. Make sure they have flowing, fresh water. Keep the water source out of direct sun so your animals aren’t drinking hot water.
5. Prepare them for show-like temperatures. It is important to begin the acclimation process a week to 10 days before a show, gradually increasing the temperature of the cooler room or barn, so they are more used to the warmer temperatures when they get to the show.
6. Keep on a schedule. You’ve arrived at the show, and want to be with your friends, but it is important to keep your livestock on a similar feed and rinsing pattern to the one you had them on at home.
7. Give them Sure Champ® Climate Control Paste. Lower their body temperature by increasing blood flow in a safe, fast and natural way. Keeping livestock on the paste through the show has proven to keep them more relaxed, cool and comfortable, resulting in better appetite and higher energy levels allowing them to look their best on show day.
Sullivan’s Show Road Appetite Express +
Prebiotics, Probiotics & B12 all in one … this super charged formula is the first of it’s kind. This remarkable formula will keep your animal on the right track through stressful transportation and showing. Appetite Express + helps bring an aggressive appetite and energy boost to the animal. Administer 10 to 15cc per day orally several days prior to travel to maximize the beneficial microbial flora within the animal. Continue to administer orally at the show to keep your animals gut in good health. This super charged formula of Prebiotics, Probiotics and B12 will restore the balance to your animal in any stressful situation.
• Prebiotics are non-digestible dietary fibers that deliver nutrition to microorganisms. Enhancing the growth of these good microbes promotes many beneficial health effects within the animal. You will see improved nutrient digestion and nutrient absorption as well as strengthening in the immune system, bowel pH, hypertension and irregularity.
• Probiotics contain live naturally occurring beneficial microorganisms that replenish the good bacteria colonies in the rumen of an animal. Each 10 cc dose delivers a potent source of 8 Billion live bacteria cultures and 8 Billion live yeast cells .These beneficial microbes and yeast have many important modes of action, such as production of lactic acid which is harmful to pathogenic bacteria, production of enzymes to aid in nutrient digestion and absorption, competition for nutrients and attachment sites with harmful bacteria (Competitive Exclusion) , production of other anti-microbial compounds which helps keep the balance of good and bad bacteria in the correct order. Probiotics have many other undefined benefits which help account for the positive performance seen with this product.
• B12 boosts energy levels, which helps fight fatigue and sluggishness. Vitamin A has multiple functions: it is important for growth, development and maintenance of the immune system. Vitamin D increases the absorption from the digestive tract and also aids in the formation of sound bones and teeth. Vitamin E’s principal role may be as a chemical antioxidant to reduce the destruction of other vitamins and essential fatty acids both in the digestive tract and after their absorption. This product also contains helpful levels of Niacin and Thiamine.
Sullivan’s Renegade Show Box. This high-end quality show box has all the bells and whistles. First of which are the two charging stations that are located in the top compartment of the main body to keep all your gadgets fully charged. The next feature is the LED lights throughout the box to help you find what you’re looking for in poorly lit areas. This box also comes equipped with a can holder slide out for easy access to your aerosol cans and quart bottles. As well as a durable pullout shelf at the bottom so you won’t need to strain yourself grabbing things in the back of the box. The Renegade Show Box is topped off with a beautifully finished Black Hammer Tone Powder Coat to give it a sleek, sharp look. Made with the highest quality craftsmanship, the Renegade Show Box will cover all your show road needs.
Sullivan Supply wishes Dawn Kelley of Oklahoma a very Happy Birthday!
Stop by and see Dylan Freeman at Wyoming State Fair in Douglas, WY this week.
October 14, 2017 :: Grandview, TX
Doors open Labor Day weekend!
More information: www.grayshowcattleinc.com